It's commonly said that the eyes are the windows to the soul probably because the eyes are one of the most prominent features on the face. They convey emotion and play an important role in facial expression. The eyes are one of the first parts of your face to draw other peoples' attention.
- Unfortunately, they are also one of the first parts of your face to show its age.
- When a person has undereye dark circles, crepey undereye skin, or deep undereye hollows, they look older, less energetic, or more tired then they in fact are.
The good news is that dermal fillers offer an exciting treatment option for common cosmetic concerns such are undereye dark circles, hollows, and volume loss as well as prominent tear troughs. Using dermal fillers and a blunt tip microcannula, Dr. Ibrahim is able to refresh and restore a youthful look to the under eyes.
How Can Dermal Fillers
Help The Undereyes?
The undereye region is a common area of concern for our patients. As we age, the skin in this part of the face tends to lose collagen and elastin and the repetitive muscle contraction from normal facial expression leads to fine lines and wrinkles. Volume loss can lead to a hollow, sunken appearance to the under eyes as well a prominent tear troughs, which are, unfortunately, very noticeable to others.
Aging commonly exacerbates these symptoms although genetic predisposition also plays a role. This is one reason why both younger and older adults are commonly treated with undereye fillers.
While there are surgical solutions to these problems, such as blepharoplasty and fat grafting, many patients are reluctant to consider eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) and fat grafting to the under eyes--- unreliable and inconsistent with regards to results.
This is where a dermal filler can help!
We can achieve extraordinary improvement in this region of your face through a simple, non-surgical, non-invasive injection of hyaluronic acid fillers. Undereye fillers are an alternative to both blepharoplasties as well as fat grafting.
Dermal Fillers contain hyaluronic acid, a normal component of our skin. When injected into a treatment area, they plump and moisturize the region while to some degree stimulating the natural production of collagen.
- Collagen is a naturally-occurring substance in the body that helps keep skin supple, smooth, and tight but as we age our bodies lose its ability to produce collagen.
- However, these dermal fillers can help revitalize the skin's production of collagen and the result is full, lifted skin that radiates youth, vitality, and energy.
first undereye filler treatment
Eye Rejuvenation Using A Combination Of Different Treatment Modalities
When it comes to eye rejuvenation, using a combination of different treatment modalities usually results in the optimal outcome.
Treatment options include the following:
- Neuromodulators like Botox and Dysport to relax the orbicularis oculi muscle. This reduces dynamic lines and wrinkles around the eyes (i.e. crow's feet) and raises the eyebrows giving the eyes a more open and refreshed look.
- Hyaluronic acid-based fillers to correct undereye volume loss. Fillers can also be used around the eyes to add volume to the eyebrows and address temple hollowing which will also improve the appearance of the eyes.
What To Expect After
Undereye Filler Treatment:
Dr. Ibrahim performs undereye filler injections using a blunt tip microcannula which helps to minimize bruising, swelling, and downtime from this treatment. Since most of these treatments are performed using one entry site on each side of the face, there is minimal bruising after the treatment. Patients can expect some swelling the day after treatment which is most cases resolved on its own. Makeup can be applied 4 hours after treatment and patients can return to normal physical activity 24-48 hours after treatment.
Dr. Ibrahim is a believer that undereye filler treatments should in most cases be performed using a microcannula. You can learn more about the microcannula injection technique here.
Contact Our Experienced Injector Today
Determining which dermal filler and how much of it to use requires experience. Dr. Ibrahim at Aesthetica MedSpa NJ is one of New Jersey's top dermal filler injectors and will personally evaluate you and formulate a customized treatment plan during your consultation to achieve your desired results.